Whether you have a tooth that is missing or damaged, dental bridges and crowns are restorative treatments that can help you restore your smile. When you need help with these types of dental procedures, it’s important to find the right dentist in Sarasota for the job. At Go 2 Dental, we offer high-quality crown and bridges in Raymore to improve your smile’s appearance and function. If you are looking for a skilled Sarasota Dental Implant Specialist and more information about crowns and bridges, visit https://www.thesarasotadentist.net/crowns-bridges/.
Dental Crowns & Bridges Explained
There are four types of restorations that a Sarasota restorative dentist can provide. These include dental crowns, bridges, implants and veneers. Each type is used for different purposes and can be fabricated from various materials.
1. Depending on your needs, a crown can be used to protect a weak tooth or to cover an implant.
A crown can also be used to protect a broken or chipped tooth, hold a dental bridge in place, and cover a root canal-treated tooth.
2. A crown can be made from gold alloys or base metal alloys.
Generally, gold alloy crowns are more resistant to wear and fracturing than base metal alloy crowns. However, some people are allergic to gold alloys.
3. A dental crown can be made from porcelain or ceramic.
A porcelain crown is a natural-looking, strong, and durable cap that is designed to resemble your original tooth in both size, shape, and color. A porcelain crown is ideal for people with discolored or stained teeth.
4. Usually, a dental crown will be fabricated from porcelain or ceramic to match the color of the surrounding teeth.
If you have a tooth that is severely damaged, a dental crown may be the best option for you. The crown is custom-made to fit over the damaged tooth or implant, restoring its size and shape while improving the appearance of your smile.
5. Crowns can last up to 15 years with proper care.
Crowns and bridges can last a long time, but they may need to be replaced or removed if you experience tooth decay. You should check in with us at least twice a year for checkups and cleanings to keep them in good shape.
6. If a crown comes off or falls out, it is crucial to seek treatment as soon as possible.
If the crown comes off, the tooth underneath will need to be repaired before it can be re-cemented into place. This will prevent the tooth from falling out and cause additional dental problems.
7. If you are experiencing pain or discomfort due to a damaged tooth, contact the best Sarasota dental implant specialist as soon as possible.
8. Having a bridge or crown is the perfect solution for many people with missing teeth.
The most common type of bridge is the traditional dental bridge, which uses two crowns on either side of a gap. These are connected to a false tooth called a pontic that fills the space.
There are other types of bridges, including cantilever and molar bridges. These bridges are not as effective as traditional bridges and are often more expensive to create. In addition, they tend to cause more damage to the surrounding teeth because they use the tooth as anchors. For the best dental clinic, call Go 2 Dental today at (941) 202-5069 for your Free Consultation with a Sarasota Dentist!